In late july Griddler got a huge update, it now has a 1.0.0 release.
What is griddler? Griddler is a Rails engine that provides an endpoint for SendGrid,Cloudmailin, Postmark or Mandrill and hands off the email to your application.
Release notes and usage: https://robots.thoughtbot.com/griddler-is-better-than-ever
Heroku Performance Dyno Update
4th of august The available memory for each Performance dyno has been increased from 6 GB to 14 GB and the underlying hardware has been upgraded to include SSDs.
Changelog at: https://devcenter.heroku.com/changelog-items/690
Domain Verification Now Mandatory
We're pushing a change today, August 4, 2015 at 12:00pm UTC (see this in your time zone), that makes domain verification mandatory when you add a new sending domain and set up SPF and DKIM. This change won't be applied retroactively, so if you added a domain to your Mandrill account before today and set up SPF and DKIM, we'll still sign your mail as usual. However, we still urge you to verify any sending domains for your account.
Mandrill (no free tier anymore, sadface)
If you did not notice, Mandrill has done away with its free tier and replace that with a 2,000 trial sends, after that it is $9.95/month for 25k email sends. It is sad to see the free tier go, but the paid tier is very affordable, approximately $120 a year starting cost is next to nothing for high deliverability and a robust system.
On that note, SendGrid does have a free tier that allows 12,000 emails per month. The more you know,..
Form element autosizing, the way it should be.
- Handles multiple types of form controlsTextareas? Inputs? Select menus? You name it! -
- Tiny footprintLess than 1.5KB minified and gzipped!
- Automatically accounts for newly added controlsvia mutation observers, where supported
- Restrict form controls by a selector…or don’t and autosize all your form controls!
- Completely standaloneno jQuery or other dependencies
- Plays well with existing HTML/CSSFollows placeholders, styling, min/max-width/height constraints, transitions
- No JS knowledge requiredEverything configurable via HTML!
- Works in all modern browsersChrome, FF 3.6, IE9, Opera, Safari, Android & more.