The pomodoro technique helps for getting things done.
- Goes against my general theory of just taking breaks when you feel is needed
- Can be a companion, if you get distracted to often or you seem to take to many breaks
- Measured in poros, which are blocks of time
- Attempt to get X poros (4 generally) to get a decent break. Eg each poro completed (default 25 mins), gives you 5 minutes of break time, completing 4 gives you 10 minutes.
- Its more of a guide not a must do and its configurable.
- Great app is “Timer” (http://martakostova.github.io/timer/) which is a mac based app, but there are plenty of others, for all platforms.