THE PLATFORM THAT GETS BACK TO BASICS October is a free, open-source, self-hosted CMS platform based on the Laravel PHP Framework. A simple and modular CMS that grows with you, with a precise and beautiful interface that comes as second nature.
- Made for People
- Fun to Use
- For any team
- Easy to Learn
- Saves Time
With over 100k installs, it must be doing something right, all in just over 2 years.
Did I mention it is a flat file based CMS? But you can still use a database if you want, best of both worlds, I think so.
- Simple modern template engine (uses Twig)
- Best tools from the PHP world (October is built on Laravel, the best existing PHP framework)
- Page components (nice component system for building pages)
- Extensible platform (simple and easy to implement plugins, over 200 of them)
- Easy administrative interfaces (this is a big one, perfect for clients)
- Simple AJAX framework
- Quick scaffolding (via the free Builder plugin)
- File-based templates
- Built-in asset combiner
- No need to change your habits (works with your existing development workflows)
- Oh and there is a Marketplace
Some other features
- Manage the website without programming with a WYSIWYG
- CDN support and image cropping
- Translatable contents (everyone loves i18N)